Human beings spent one-third of life on their bed. You know that, right? Still, for some reasons we do not pay enough attention to our beddings.
Most of us always look for an affordable option, which is a good thing to do because not all of us can spend a fortune on a cushion. That is where refurbished mattress comes into a picture that comes at a discounted price tag.
Price is one thing to consider, but you should also know the positive and negative aspects of the product that you are purchasing.
That is the reason why we are going to discuss refurbished mattresses, their advantages, and disadvantages. Read our post and then make the selection.
Refurbished is just an advanced version of used or old. “Used” mattresses are reconditioned to be sold as restored or renovated.
Available at thrift outlets or furniture shop that sells both new and used sleeping solutions, a refurbished bed is a repaired version of an old or used mattress. Such used mattresses are made available from the users who donate their old beddings or sell it.
To let you know, 90 percent of a bed can be recycled. By using a refurbished mattress, you will also help the environment. This is the reason why used mattresses once refurbished or renewed are sold at a discounted price at the factory outlets as well.
Positive aspects of buying a refurbished mattress
Cost-effective: Being cheaper than a new mattress, a renovated bed is an alternative for low-income families. One can also use the refurbished mattress for servant flats.
Environment-friendly: Buying a refurbished mattress also means that you are saving the environment from extra garbage and landfills.
Negative aspects of buying a refurbished mattress
A refurbished mattress looks new; however, appearance can sometimes be deceiving. If an old mattress is not checked and sanitized, the renovation can be risky.
Underneath the new cover, there may be bacteria, bed bugs, fungi, fecal matter that can pose a threat to your health. If you are purchasing the mattress for your kids or the elderly, we would recommend that you invest in a brand new bed with a price tag that you can afford.
On the other hand, if a mattress has undergone chemical or heat sanitization process, then it is safe to invest. You will know that a bed is clean and hygienic, once you see the “refurbished” tag from a reputable seller.
What to look for while purchasing a refurbished bed?
Before you bring home a renewed mattress, you should take care of the following.
- Always buy from a reputable store like Amazon. Such recognized shops will only sell the products that are sanitized and then repaired.
- Purchase only those mattresses that say “Refurbished” on the tag. The tag means that the manufacturers have cleaned and sanitized the mattress before wrapping it with a new cover.
- If you are buying the refurbished mattress from a friend or relative. Make sure to know about the steps they followed in cleaning the mattress before passing on.
- Once the refurbished bed arrives, check it for any odor, stains, or bugs that may suggest a return or replacement.
As we discussed, an affordable refurbished mattress is a subtle alternative to a new and costly bed.
However, it is only beneficial if you purchase the same from a reputed online store. Otherwise, there will be chances of negative impacts on your health.
- Best Mattress Under $1000
- Lull Mattress vs Casper Mattress
- What Are Deep Pocket Sheets
- How to Store a Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Support A Mattress Without A Box Spring
Last Updated on April 7, 2022