Last Updated on
Finding the right mattress is not an easy task, especially when you have many options available on Amazon or any other online store.
Whether you know what you are looking for or you do not have an idea about the beds, in both cases it is always better to research read the reviews. That is where professionals like us come into the picture.
Here, on this page, we are presenting you the top seven queen mattress in a box. Read about all of them, so that you can make the right investment. After all, you spent one-third of your life sleeping, and that is why getting a comfortable mattress is very important.
So, let us start with the top three options.
30 Second Summary: Top 3 Queen Mattress In a Box
Our Recommendation: Casper Original Foam Mattress
A high-quality ubiquitous mattress in a box, Casper Sleep memory foam is very soft, attractive, and comfortable. Its design specifically targets pressure areas like shoulder and hips, so that you can sleep relaxed and wake up without anybody’s ache. It gives you a feeling that you are sleeping on a cloud.
Second Place: Tuft & Needle Queen Mattress
Fantastic and affordable mattress from Tuft & Needle that is very supportive and comfortable. If you are looking for a medium-firm mattress that gives you the right amount of softness and pressure relief, you cannot miss this queen size mattress that comes in a box. Made with comfortable T&N Adaptive foam the cushion is perfect for all sleeping styles.
Best Budget: Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam
With more than 8, 000 reviews on Amazon and an overall rating of 4.4, the Zinus Ultima comfort memory foam is one of the most popular mattresses. It has an affordable price tag, and it gives optimum comfort and support while you sleep. The brand also adds green tea antioxidant to the mattress, so that it can be fresh and keep you fresh – always
Top 7 Queen Size Mattress Reviews 2020
|Casper Sleep Memory Foam Mattress|
|Tuft & Needle Mattress In A Box|
|Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam|
|Leesa Universal Adaptive Feel|
|Purple Queen Mattress In A Box|
|Best Price Mattress In A Box|
|Live & Sleep Ultra Queen Mattress|
Here are the 10 best Queen size mattress in a box reviews 2020.
1. Casper Original Foam Mattress, Queen
One of the most purchased mattresses, Casper Sleep Memory Foam, is an ergonomically designed bed that instantly relieves the pressure areas like hips and shoulders.
Construction: The 12-inch thick mattress is constructed of 4 layers – open-cell foam cell forms the first layer, followed by a high-density foam layer. Then a zoned transition foam layer to support the different parts of the body and finally a support base foam at the bottom that adds to the support and durability of the mattress.
Comfort level: The mattress is too soft, spongy, and lacks firmness. Some of the users say that It feels a bit warm while sleeping while some never agreed with its extra softness. According to us, if you like a super soft mattress that allows you to sink in it completely, then this is the one you should be looking for.
Motion isolation: You will get a lot of motion if someone moves on the bed. Being on the softer side, the mattress poorly performs while absorbing the movement. If you are a light sleeper or have a partner that continuously moves while sleeping, you should look for other options on this list.
- Users looking for a plush sleeping surface
- Sleepers with backache and joint pain as the mattress relieves the pressure areas
- Buyers looking for an affordable yet comfortable sleeping solution
2. Tuft & Needle Mattress In A Box
Another top-rated mattress from Tuft & Needle, this queen bed made in the USA is very comfortable. It is only available to purchase online, so we recommend to buy it from Amazon for the best experience and timely delivery at your doorstep.
Construction: The mattress comprises of two foam layers – a 3-inch foam layer on the top infused with graphite and cooling gel to add some bounce and keep you cool. The second is a base layer that forms the perfect foundation for the mattress.
Comfort level: If you are looking for a mattress that can give you the right amount of support and comfort, look no further. At the firm side on the scale, this bed will suit most users and all sleeping styles. As the mattress is not incredibly soft, getting in or out of it is not difficult or painful.
Motion isolation: While our tests, we came to know that the mattress is very rigid for any motion transfer. If your partner is moving or changing sides, it will not wake you up.
- Users looking for comfort and support
- Light sleepers as the mattress have excellent motion deadening
- Individuals who prefer to sleep cool
3. Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam
Low price and positive reviews are the two things that made the Zinus Ultima comfort memory foam one of the most popular mattresses. Let us know more about it.
Construction: Zinus Ultima comes with a three-layered design including
- Bio memory foam – 3 inches. It is the top layer infused with plant oils that keep it fresh. So, you will not have to face any horrible smell of memory foam once the mattress is unpacked.
- Pressure-relieving comfort foam – 3 inches. As the name suggests, this layer eases the pressure points and adds to the support as well as comfort.
- High-density support base foam – 6 inches. Made of CertiPUR-US foam, which means you cannot doubt the content, performance and carbon emission of the product as it is already tested by independent laboratories.
Comfort level: One of the most comfortable mattress at this price, the Zinus Ultima is a great mattress to suit all sleeping styles.
Motion isolation: Whether you find Ultima as a firm or soft mattress, that depends on your body weight, size, and preference. However, it strikes the right balance between comfort and softness. We can categorize the mattress towards the firmer side of the scale.
- Back sleepers as the mattress are firm
- Heavy individuals, once again because the bed is on the firmer side
- Users with backache and joint pain – the cushion relieves the pressure
- Individuals who want to sleep cool
4. Leesa Universal Adaptive Feel Mattress In A Box
Our fourth recommendation comes from one of the top ten bed companies, Leesa. One of their flagship mattresses that ships for free and come in a compressed plastic wrapping inside a box. All you have to do is – tear the wrappings and allows the mattress to decompress.
Construction: A complete foam bed, this universal adaptive feel memory foam is manufactured of three layers – on the top, it has a 2 inch fluffy LSA2000, that is what Leesa calls the foam. It is very soft, airy and gives a pleasant feel. LSA2000 is very comfortable and provides excellent pressure relief once you lie on it. Next comes a 2-inch transition foam layer that adds to the pressure relief and protects you from the solid base. The mattress ends with a 6-inch dense polyurethane foam, which gives the foundation and support to the bed.
Comfort level: Lessa is going to feel firm for the first few weeks to all the users. Afterward, it will get softer as you sleep on it. However, if you want to fasten the softening process, you can walk on the mattress for five minutes daily.
Motion isolation: The queen bed does an outstanding job motion absorption. All because the LSA2000 which works against the motion to give you a disturbance-free sleep.
- Back and stomach sleepers as they want a firm bed
- Medium weight users, around 300 pounds
- Side and combination sleepers
- Users who want to sleep in a neutral temperature
5. Purple Queen Size Mattress
Another bestseller comes from the house of Purple, which is one of the most popular bedding brands in the current market. The mattress utilizes Hyper-Elastic Polymer, which is different from memory foam or any other cushion. We will see how effective it is.
Construction: The top 2-inch layer is made of Purple’s creation “Purple Mattress Topper,” which is their patented Hyper-Elastic Polymer variant. It feels different from memory foam and gives comfort like a silicone-based foam. Next comes, a 3.5-inch polyurethane foam layer with a density of 1.8 pounds, which acts as a transition layer and also adds to the support. Finally, you will find a thick base made of polyurethane foam with 2-pound density.
Comfort level: As we discussed earlier, the Purple mattress has a unique feel that is similar to silicon or gel-based foam. The bed is comfortable and soft but may feel odd to some sleepers. Overall, the bed offers balanced support as well as pressure relief and has a medium-firm feel.
Motion isolation: This Purple mattress does a commendable job at limiting movements.
- Back and stomach sleepers as the mattress gives the required support
- Side sleepers because Hyper-Elastic Polymer conforms the hips and shoulders
- Medium weighed sleepers with any size
- Individuals who want to sleep in neutral temperature, due to the Hyper-Elastic Polymer
6. Best Price Mattress In A Box
The makers of our sixth contender believe that everyone deserves a good night’s sleep at a price they can afford. So, they eliminated 75 percent of the unnecessary elements and came out with an innovative mattress, which is designed to provide optimum comfort and support. Let us see if it lives up to its claims.
Construction: The mattress from Best price comes with three layers – 2.5-inch memory foam infused with charcoal to contour your body, 3-inch super-soft foam that evenly distributes your weight and 6.5 inches of high-density support foam that adds to the pressure relief.
It has a cover that holds all the layers together, which is made of polyester and natural bamboo. Polyester gives you a soft feel while bamboo enhances breathability and adds to the durability.
Comfort level: The conforming feel and pressure relief of the mattress give you the required comfort and relaxation. On a firmness scale of 1 to 10, where ten is the firmest, we will rank the mattress at 5.5. So, it is likely to be loved by the majority of the users.
Motion isolation: It does an excellent job at motion abortion. A superb sleeping solution for couples, wherein no one will notice or feel disturbed by the movement of another partner.
- Back sleepers as the weight are overall distributed, and pressure relief works well
- Stomach sleepers because of the sinking feeling and even weight distribution
- Side sleepers, they will enjoy the comfort and support
- Couples, good in movement deadening
7. Live & Sleep Ultra Queen Mattress
Well designed, affordable, stylish and comfortable, well this is what the Live & Sleep Ultra Queen Mattress is our seventh and last contender of this list. Let us know more about this quality mattress.
Construction: Three layers of memory foam make this Ultra Queen.
- 5-inch responsive memory foam – The top comfort layer that contours your body and gives pressure relief.
- 5-inch gel infused memory foam – keeps you cool and also works as a transition layer
- 5-inch base– Gives foundation to the upper layers and support to your body
- It’s cover made of soft fabric contours to your body sleeping position. You can also remove and wash the cover.
Comfort level: The firmness level of the mattress is between 5 to 6 out of 10 (firmest). So, it is going to be comfortable for the majority of sleepers. Overall, it gives you a very cushioned and soft surface to sleep.
Motion isolation: Sinkage and motion absorption, both the parts are handled well by this mattress. Whatever your weight or size is, you can sleep in peace. None of the movements happening on the bed can wake you.
- Sleepers who like to sleep cool
- A couple because the motion deadening will never let you feel much movement
- Heavy sleepers as the sinkage level are very minimal
Buyer’s Guide Of Queen Size Mattress In A Box
You must have seen all these products on Amazon now. But, how will you decide which is the right queen mattress in a box? That is why we are giving you a few factors that you should check before buying any one of the beds.
- Construction. Each queen mattress bed in a box has a different structure. Some are made with memory foam, some with inner springs and several with the company’s patent material. Numerous mattresses use gel beads infused with memory to facilitate cooling. There is nothing called a perfect bed. A different mattress has a diverse audience. If you feel a mattress soft someone else can say it firm. So, everything depends upon your body weight and size. Still, you should know your preference. If you want to sleep cool and comfortable, then you should look for memory foam embedded with gel beads. If you want something very supportive, at the same time soft, then Polyurethane foam is what you should be looking for. So, know your preferences and then look for a mattress.
- Firmness level. Another clear area that you need to check before buying is, Firmness level. In this article or anywhere on the web, firmness given in the reviews are based on an average weighted person (150-225 pounds). Weight is a huge factor; whether you are going to get a firm or soft feel from the mattress, gravity plays an important role.
If you are on the heavier side, then you should read one level down from the mentioned firmness level. If we say that the mattress is a medium-firm that means it is medium-soft for you. On the other side, lighter people should think one way up towards the firmer side. If we mention a mattress as a medium, it means it is medium-firm for you.
- Support. When we say that the bed provides complete support, we suggest that it keeps your spine naturally aligned while you sleep. So, you should look for a mattress that offers proper support and less sinkage. You would never want your heavier body parts to go deep down in the bed resulting in an irregular spine alignment.
- d. Sleeping style. Generally, people sleep in three different positions – side, stomach, and back. Then some individuals sleep in mixed positions. Depending upon how you sleep, the comfort and pressure relief changes. So, it is also essential to purchase a mattress based on your preferred sleeping style.
- e. Heat regulation. Most of the buyers may overlook this character but, sleeping cool or at least in a neutral temperature is required for a comfortable night. No one likes to feel sweaty in the middle of the night. Memory foam mattresses trap more heat as compared to spring beds. However, manufacturers are adding gel beads, graphite, copper to the memory foams for added comfort and cooling feel. Mattress made of gel-like materials are the coolest, and memory foam always keeps the sleeper warm until and unless it has some additional element.
Some of the buyers may feel uneasy while buying a mattress online, but when it comes to convenience and time flexibility, online purchasing is way ahead then physically visiting a store. To visit a store, you have to make time from your busy schedule and office hours, which can be difficult while you can order online at your convenience.
You have to browse on Amazon for all the beds and order it whenever you want. Also, you will not face any pressure from a salesperson who is willing to sell only those mattresses that earn the highest commission for the store. I hope we have made it easier for you to choose a queen mattress in a box.